Friday, May 28, 2010

Back in the Day (Part 2): An Engagement to Remember

So it probably didn't come as a surprise to everyone that we moved in together after 3 months of dating. Then we were engaged like a month later. I guess when you know you just know. For all my friends and family who don't know our engagement story, here's a little light reading for you!
We had talked about taking a trip to Fort Bragg for a while. We both love the coast and I had never been there before. Perfect right? It was March 11th, 2004. We left the little town of Waste World and headed on up (or is it down? I always forget.) to blue salty water and cloudy skies. About 50 miles away from our destination we stopped at Denny's for the breakfast I will never forget. About 20 minutes & extremely curvy roads later, that breakfast was out the window. Literally. I got so stinking car sick. I will never, ever. I repeat NEVER eat Denny's again. I could not wait to get out of that car.
So we get to our hotel and I should have know something was up. We are kinda cheapo when we travel. We usually just get the cheapest room we can. This time we had a NICE one. Jacuzzi, fireplace, ocean view, the works!
After napping and eating a late lunch. We took a walk along the backside of our hotel. It had the most beautiful view. Aaron started falling behind. I stopped to wait and he just told me to go ahead, that he was trying to get the camera turned on and such. Whatever, I just walked to the cliff to take in the scenery. Of course I was scared to death the wind might blow me off the ledge. I got over it. After a few minutes he was still a bit behind me so I turn around and see him walking up to me. Then as the sun was setting he got down on one knee, ring in hand and asked me to marry him! I was so surprised! And happy too! I will never forget that day and just live for the day I will be able to tell my own children this story and their children too. I hope at least.
Aaron planned it all out pretty well I must say. He is definitely not a planner so I was a little shocked. Especially when he told me he had the ring hid in the vacuum (of all places) for over a month. Damn he is lucky I am not really a housekeeper or else who knows what would have happened with the ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment