Saturday, June 5, 2010

Some Grad highlights

Graduation night was a whirlwind of emotions for everyone. My sister was weepy. My mom was weepy. I was weepy. Hell we all were! Cass is my last sibling to graduate high school. I imagine the next graduation will be college. So exciting!
Graduation day was awesome! We got to my Ma's house where I finished my sisters cake. Which by the way looked REALLY CRAPPY. I had all these ideas in my head but once I went to decorate it. Well it didn't quite pan out the way I wanted. Oh well. At least it tasted good!
I presented my sister with a custom made bar necklace that was imprinted with her initials and "dream, prosper, inspire". Those are the words that come to mind when I think of her. Anyways, I thought she was going to start bawling! lol. I am good at making people do that.
We had a nice family dinner. Doesn't happen all that often since we live 2 or so hours away and everyone is always so busy. So it was nice! I also got to meet my sisters boyfriend for the first time. Aren't they cute?



After that it was time for Graduation! The school was packed and man was it HOT! I really wish they would have the ceremonies outside.

Here comes the grad, here comes the grad!



The entire Westwood High School Class of 2010. God I feel old.




Now you may notice the empty chair with the framed photo on it. That is in memory of Shane. A dear friend of my sisters and fellow classmate who should have joined the class of 2010 that night. Sadly he passed away in an alcohol related accident last summer. :(

One of Cassandra's jobs as salutatorian was to give a speech. I thought she was going to pass out. But she did awesome! Though she was on the verge of tears when she said her tribute to Shane. I don't blame her one bit. I probably would have lost it 110%.



Next it was time for the rose ceremony. Westwood High has a tradition at every grad ceremony. Each grad is given a ton of roses to hand out to their family and friends who have been their for them. It is the sweetest thing!

Here is Cass and my mom. For some reason my mom always tries to look tough in pictures. Yeah, you don't fool me mom!



Cass and me. I look like hell. Doesn't help that I was sweatin' bullets in there.



So the night was great! I think Cass ended up with like 12 awards and tons of cash. Lucky girl! Hopefully she uses it wisely and not on clothes or anything like that.

Oh and of course, grad night wouldn't be grad night without our little tradition.


A CUPCAKE FIGHT!!!!!







What's funny is every year everyone tries to take my mom down but no one has succeeded. Not yet at least. Mom usually gets the grad pretty well. They typically come out looking like this.......



Congrats to the class of 2010!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment