Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some Pre-summer fun!

We had a record breaking warm spring day this week. It got to a high of 76 degrees so we had to take advantage of the warmth while it lasted. God knows around here it can be gone in an instant! One year it snowed in JULY. Yes JULY. Craziness I tell ya.

So anyways, I broke out the slip-n-slide. That was a joy to put together. I was blowing up the end that is supposed to act as a stopper with air (my own I might add) all the while thinking that this hole is too damn big. Who the hell needs that big of a hole. Seriously. Then I realized it was for the water hose. Geez I felt like an idiot. Oh well. That's life for ya.

I think Nolan really enjoyed it. Though he would not actually "slide" down it. He preferred to run. And just a few minutes before I snapped these photos my butt was trying to show him how to do it. I imagine I looked very amusing. And man I must be out of shape because my arms are so sore. I only went down ONCE!











I was surprised my little daredevil wouldn't go down on his belly. He would start to head down it but get up fast, veer off to the side and run through. Silly boy!



He was starting to get bored after about 10 minutes.



He kept telling me,"No you do it mommy. You do it." Sorry honey, mommy is getting too old. :)

Emmett was not crazy about all this. First of all, the water was flipping cold. Second, this dog would not keep her head out of you-know-where.









"Wait! This isn't so bad after all!"









Time for some fishing! Nolan hoping to catch a big one!





"Ummm....the water touched my face. I think I am out."





Now believe it or not, this all took place just day before yesterday. Today it is 32 degrees, we have a fire built and it is pouring outside.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT? Omg I LOL but at 7am this morning it was already 79 degrees! What I would give for a day in the 70s! We'd probably be in jeans and not playing in the pool! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete